Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our crazy life

We tried to prepare our children so say goodbye to our family and friends when we left America, but I never thought about all the people we would be saying goodbye too here. After we had been overseas for a couple of months, a friend who had lived here for about 7 years looked at me and said "I told myself I wasn't going to become friends with anymore of you short-term people." (this is when Kirk and I were planning only to stay for two years) I thought her comment was kind of strange but just let it go. Now I understand. There is only one couple and one single lady that is still here that was here when we arrived. We have said good-bye to so many people including the lady that said that to me. Her and her husband left to go work in another country. We have also said good-bye to other families, some of whom are working in other countries now, and some that have left to head back to the states. In the next few months we will be saying good-bye to three single ladies. These ladies have become our family and the girls will grieve their leaving. It will be so sad when we bring them to the airport. I never realized how quickly these people would become our family. I am thankful that the Father provided a family for us here, but it will be very hard to say goodbye to each of them. The Father teaches me so many truths each time we go through this, but I think the main thing that I have learned is that this is not our home and our security is not in the places or people here. As I think about Abram's one year of life and all the different people that have been in and out of our lives in just that one year and all the different houses he has lived in one year (5),sometimes I think this is not good, he will have no sense of security, but then the Lord gently reminds me where our security should be. Hard lesson, but one I need. I loved growing up in one place with all our family and friends around, and I never wanted anything different for my children. But the Father has chosen a different life for them, and I am just praying that they will know who He is in all this craziness that we call life. Saying good-bye will be hard but we know the Father will send other people that we can fellowship with, or He will be all that we need!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment